December 28, 2008

Interview experience @ ISB

Saturday morning was spent at the ISB campus. I got in early morning and some candidates had already gone in by then. I guess the interviews started at 9am, met some candidates waiting their turn. Impressive folks - doctors, engineers, CA's working for the world bank etc. I was a little scared and intimidated frankly, but decided to just keep focussed on my agenda.

The first thing was to write a short 100 word essay on BEAT. Wrote some stuff about heart beats and beat-ing the crap out of someone (in a better way of course). After 15 minutes, the interview started.There were 3 folks in most panels I think, mine had 1 alum, 1 current student and 1 member from the admissions committee. The general tone of the interview was extremely conversational. It was quite unlike any other interview, no grilling questions whatsoever. The interview started off with the alum asking me about my reasons for an MBA and why I have chosen on ISB. From there, it went on to aspects of my industry and my exact work profile. Then, most questions centered around my industry (technology), work and how the current financial crisis can affect it. I was asked for specific leadership qualities I admire in folks I look up to. Also, a question checking if I had some clue about what caused the financial crisis. Lastly, I was asked my career goals, and if I had any questions for them.

Most of the interview was driven by the alum, with regular questions from the other two gentlemen. No questions about my essays or any other specific points from my application - dunno if its good or bad!!! I guess most of the interviewes I met came out smiling after the interview - so everyone pretty much feels comfortable inside. A thoroughly professional interview, and no stress inducing tactics. At least I couldnt read into it!

Now the wait begins. Surely ISB will have a fantastic batch of Twenty-Ten, just hope I am one of the lucky few. February 2009 will reveal that now. Spent the rest of the day sleeping and eating some amazing Hyderabad Biryani! Now I'm onto the Stanford application.

Have a fantastic year end everyone! 2008 has been a real roller coaster...... enjoy the last 3 days! :)

5 comments:

Vamsi said...

Cool...lets hope u make it IN...

Prashant said...

ATB dude... I'm sure you'll make it!

MBAlmighty said...

Well hope for the best.... thanks for the wishes! :)

Um viajante said...

Seems like the perfect interview. All the best

Unknown said...

Hi, So its end of 2010, did you get through...????
and are you in ISB now..?

I hope to hear a 'YES'..

thanks
Sandeep