October 17, 2008

Resurrected!

Its been over a year since I first started scourging these blogs. Work travel forced me to postpone my plans, until this June when I finally decided to take the plunge. I registered for the GMAT in June and took the test last month.

Then came the time for shortlisting schools. My personal preferences (I'm married, and nearing 30) lead me to choosing 1 year programs. ISB was the first natural choice for me. I am located in Hyderabad and have been to ISB about a couple of times before representing my company on quizzes, usually held there. Its a fantastic school no doubt, and hence the top on my list.

Next came Cornell. I chose this for the accelerated MBA program, since I already have a MSEE degree from the US. Cornell is a great school to be in, but the one thing thats got me worried is the damn economy! Well I say this because the US economy is in a far worse state than the Indian economy, and getting jobs for non-citizens isnt easy. Anyways, I will be taking my chances at Cornell.

Once I am done with these two, I hope to take a shot at one of the big-5 US schools. I dont know if I stand a realistic chance there with so many top-notch applicants (see my fellow applicants list!!!), but no harm in trying.

1 comment:

essay writing said...

Many institutions limit access to their online information. Making this information available will be an asset to all.